Thursday, September 20, 2012

Extra Credit 1.3

All of the books that we are reading right now are about young people discovering who they are and how they can make a difference.

In The Outsiders, Ponyboy discovers that his identity as a Greaser is not as important as the choices he makes. He becomes a hero to his community when he saves the kids from the fire.
In Johnny Tremain, Johnny has to find meaning in life after a horrible accident deprives him of his talents and abilities as a silversmith. He learns that by serving his community, he can find new meaning and significance in his life.
In The Contender, Alfred learns that his skills in the boxing ring are not nearly as important has his dedication, hard work and effort, and that to be a champion, you have to fight for it. He learns to respect himself after realizing that he can become anything he wants to.

What are you good at? What makes you feel proud of yourself? When do you feel like you're important?
Answer in the comments section below. If you do not wish to sign your name, please sign with your initials and class period (EXAMPLE: CF3)



15 comments:

  1. Programming, when I make a cool program by myself, and help other people with theirs.
    Js5

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm good at skating , I am proud of myself because I can do it , and it is hard for others to do . I always feel important cause everyone loves me (;

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm good at dance and sports! I do so many things and I love doing this so much I feel so proud of myself! I feel so important all the time . I love doing these things. I feel very important to everyone.

    Jocelyn Evans period: 7

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm good at interior design or fashion design. I'm proud when I finish a design and can show others to see what they say!
    Cheyenne7

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like to fight. MMA is amazing. When I'm sparring with someone I feel awesome, especially when I get a good hit in.

    JU7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michael Heil
    Building I love building things and experimenting with stuff. Doing it is like just interesting to me. When I'm finished I feel just proud to be done and let people enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  7. When i help my mom clean I feel important.

    Alex vazquez

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I help my friends I fill like I doing something that is good and will make others happy
    ~kaylyn Baty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love playing football and I am great at it.
    I feel proud of myself when I make a touchdown or a interception.
    It makes me important when I win a winning touchdown for my team and the game.

    Nick A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm good at singing. Whenever my friends are around me.
    Ivory

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm good at... Cooking? I feel important whenever my mom is proud of me :D
    Vm6

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im good at football. That i can run people over. I feel important when I block for my little brother.
    DF

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soccer and math, me being smart, and when I'm in school.
    LB.6

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I practice the sports I love to do I feel important.

    Olivia6

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm good at dance and fashion design(drawing). I'm proud because when Im stressed I can just dance or draw clothes and it makes me feel great and not as overwhelmed as I was before I started doing at particular thing.
    -Cheyenne

    ReplyDelete